Welcome, friends, to the lifestyle blog of Ruby & Perry!
I'm glad you're here.
You should know right off the bat what you're in for -
1. I am quite ridiculous. And wordy. And absent-minded at times. Sometimes stubborn. Prepare yourself.
2. I am really, really passionate about good living and following dreams. Good living = family and friends, harmony, self-love, Nature, wellness of mind, body and spirit, good food, art and creativity. That's what you'll find here.
3. Those I love are my world. I am blessed to have an amazing circle of family and friends.
4. Family and friends liken me to a hippie. It could be because I make my own cleaning supplies or because I can talk to a farmer for hours about her organic farming methods. Maybe. Or that I own moccasins and wear a lot of long dresses.
5. I have three dogs and a cat. I love them dearly and take lots of pictures of them.
6. I am a country-girl at heart. I now live in a big, big city, but my roots remain very important to me. It also means that I cannot rid myself of my deep love for cheesy country music.
7. I loathe eggs. You will not see them featured on this blog. Sorry, Charlie.
8. I dream of traveling all over the world and documenting what I see with my beloved camera.
9. My maternal great-grandparents inspired the name of this blog and I hope to honor them with its content.
10. I want to live a life of passion, of beauty, and of purpose. Living authentically, simply, and sustainably are incredibly important to me. On this blog, I hope you'll find the inspiration and motivation to eat well, live well, and to create a life that encourages you.
Some things you can expect to see on a weekly basis -
Still curious? Hop on over to the About page and find out more.
Thanks for stopping by.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann