1. Being outside every day for the majority of the last month - usually on the water. With people I like a heck of a lot. That's definitely my happy place.
2. My sister's reaction to Lake Jocassee.
3. Lipton iced tea in a Mason jar.
4. Shooting stars, heat lightning, walking the beach at night and then again at sunrise. A washed up horseshoe crab. Pockets full of shells.
5. Hannah telling me that she spied Logan drawing his puppy, Macy, a map so she could get to my house.
6. The farmstand down the road that keeps me well stocked in tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, and all manner of other fruits and vegetables. But most importantly - PEACHES. IT'S PEACH SEASON IN SOUTH CAROLINA, Y'ALL. ONLY ONE OF THE BEST TIMES OF THE YEAR. (I can say "y'all" and you can't stop me. I live in South Carolina where it's practically the state motto, okay?)
7. A brief, but much-needed rain shower a few nights ago. We're experiencing a terrible drought right now so every little bit counts.
8. My inaugural go with hammock camping. It did not end well. It did, however, provide a very amusing story that hopefully my sister and I can look back on in 50 years and cackle about. I'll tell you more about it when I post some pictures from that trip.
*The photos below are from my first camping trip to the beach with my dear friend Megan, her son, and their pup. We stayed at the campground on Edisto Beach.
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann