A weekly series of things that remind me to be grateful and find beauty in the everyday.
1. Homemade whole wheat waffles.
2. The crunch of leaves underfoot.
3. Hoot owls that talk to one another every evening.
4. The gift of seeing a beautiful big old black bear...from a distance. Very thankful there was a large pond between it and us and that Chris decided to accompany me and Iris on our run. But, it sure was an amazing thing to see.
5. An unbelievable view of the stars. It's been several years since we've lived in a place with so little light pollution at night and it is comforting to me to see their beauty.
6. You know you are blessed with really good friends when an unexpected beautiful package arrives in the mail. Thank you, Mike Davis, for the amazing print. I'll have to get a shot of it on here soon.
7. Hiking new trails with Chris. I admire his adventurous spirit so. We went out to a Nature Preserve a few miles from our house and saw lots of bear sign and found some porcupine quills...which I wanted to bring home but couldn't figure out how to carry them without gouging myself. So in the woods they stayed.
8. A long talk with my Mamma and her never-ending support.
9. Emma Watson's UN speech about gender equality.
Happy Thursday, my friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann