(Yes. I know. It's Saturday, not Thursday. But that's how it goes sometimes.)
1. This quote that found its way to me this week: "It ain't what they call you; it's what you answer to." - W.C. Fields
2. The following conversation that happened with one of my Juniors at school this week -
Student: "Mrs. Hallmark, you are one classy lady."
Me: "HA HA HA HA HA AHA HAHHA AH HA HA HAAAAA!"
(Sort of composing myself.)
Student: "Because you wear headbands and you drink hot tea. Without sugar."
Awesome. Now you know. I am one classy lady.
3. My now-favorite nightly routine before bed: Sitting in my office, window up, listening to a whippoorwill serenade me. I cannot tell you how happy it makes my heart to be in a place where I hear that small but mighty little bird's song.
4. The big old hoot owl that swooped out in front of us on our way home from hiking and landed in a tree as we drove by. Magic.
5. Grilled corn. Holy Moses.
6. The smell of fresh cut grass.
7. Hot pink cut azaleas from our yard in a milk glass vase sitting on my desk.
8. Videos and photos of the boys spending time with their new pup, Macy. ADORABLE. There's one where Logan and Macy are hanging out on the porch swing and he says to her, "Isn't it a beautiful day?" Gah.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann