1. The way Chris carries on endearing and funny conversations with our pets when he doesn't know I can hear him. (I do the same thing.)
2. Quiet and early mornings to myself - to watch the world wake up, to write my morning pages, to think and reflect, and to give myself pause and fill my cup.
3. Winter morning sunlight.
4. Finally getting a piece of art that is really meaningful to me hung on the wall.
5. Walking into a warm house after being out in the cold.
6. Snow days full of reading, writing, no-bake cookies, chicken lime soup, popcorn, reruns of Seinfeld, and watching Rango. Again.
7. Southern Living came through with surprisingly good music suggestions - take a listen to Dylan LeBlanc's new album, "Cautionary Tale" (it's on Spotify). One of his older songs, "If The Creek Don't Rise" is especially good. Also, I now have a huge girl crush on Brittany Howard of Alabama Shakes - holy smokes, is she talented. "Hold On" has been playing on repeat the last few days.
8. South Carolina weather - I LOVE it. It snowed one day, the majority melted off the next day, and then the following days were Spring-like and near 60. I'll take it.
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann