1. My students. Although, I did tell one of my freshmen classes last week that they were making me rethink my life choices. They thought that was funny.
2. The way the golden light of sunset highlights a group of robins sitting in a treetop.
3. When friends check up on you and when they ask, "How are you doing?" you know they mean it.
4. A slice of blueberry banana bread still warm from the oven.
5. Watching my students and the people of South Carolina react to snow - it was highly amusing and very endearing. I felt like I was in that scene from To Kill a Mockingbird when Scout wakes up to snow and thinks the world is ending. And then she realizes it isn't going to end and is super-excited about it.
6. Snow that comes down beautifully and then melts in the same day.
7. An extra day off work.
8. Camping hammocks and hiking new trails on Sunday.
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann