1. This article about what true compassion & charity looks like. So good.
2. The way Anne Lamott's words always find me at the right time.
3. The calming effect my dogs have on me - I can feel my blood pressure drop every time I scratch one of them behind the ears. So grateful for their love.
4. "Be the Song" by Foy Vance. And the entire album, "Amor Supremo" by Carla Morrison. Gorgeous, gorgeous. Thank you, NPR, for sharing her work.
5. Grateful that I get to go home to be with the ones I love for the holidays.
6. The work being done by Brandon, founder of Humans of New York. I am constantly blown away by the stories he shares - the honesty, the vulnerability, the courage. I think his work is vital and beautiful.
7. The gift of homemade chocolate-covered peanuts & peppermint tea from friends at work.
8. Embracing the joy of possibility.
9. Being loved by incredible people.
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann