1. Getting up early and going out to the lake with Chris. I was very tempted to crawl back in bed when my alarm went off on Sunday, but I am so glad I didn't. We hiked down to the lake and cooked our breakfast there. It was beautiful. Fog rolled in about an hour after we got there. It was so serene and it felt like we were in our own world.
2. Sassy little Cholla cat. Actually, he's not so little. He's fat again. Winter is coming, ya'll.
3. The last egg in the carton - I started making scones on Sunday without first checking to make sure we had all the ingredients and fortunately for me, one egg was left. Destiny.
4. Open windows in December. Quite different than a year ago.
5. Sitting under pine trees, by the lake, watching the day fade, listening to crickets and birdsong, and getting to see seven deer come down to the water's edge.
6. Cracking local pecans and eating them straight from the shell. So good.
7. Yoga routines to soothe my grumpy self after a very long day.
8. Blooming daffodils. In December. Seen in a neighbor's yard while out for a run with my good friend.
9. My Mom's birthday - today is her day! Happy Birthday, Mom! Love you.
Cholla just being Cholla. He's so sassy.
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann