1. My incredibly supportive husband.
2. Balsam & Cedar candles.
3. Classic holiday music. My favorite. No modern versions of "Winter Wonderland" for me. Give me Elvis, Perry Como, Burl Ives, Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra - that's the good stuff.
4. A bag of local pecans sitting on my desk - a gift from a very thoughtful soul.
5. The smell of our Christmas tree.
6. Working with incredibly caring people.
7. A painting made for me by one of my students.
8. Chocolate chip cookies still warm from the oven.
9. Warm and sunny days.
10. A working vacuum.
12. Celebrating a moment without reservation - not letting "what if" keep me from joy.
13. Phone calls with this girl and her perspective.
14. Walks around the neighborhood in fading evening light with my friend and our dogs.
15. Sunrises that remind me of a steadfast truth - there is beauty in this Universe for us. Even when things are hard.
16. Morning meditations.
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann