1. The stories my Granny and PaPa tell.
2. The sound, smell, and feel of leaves underfoot as I run trails.
3. Being reminded that I get to choose how I react to things going on around me.
4. Choosing not to sleep in and to get up early to go catch the sunrise in the mountains over the weekend.
6. Early-morning stretching to ease into the day.
7. Middy's ever-calm demeanor - I can take that girl anywhere and don't have to worry. She is such a good soul.
8. Music from Gregory Alan Isakov. One of my absolute favorites.
9. The color of the sky every morning while I drive to work.
10. Pumpkin doughnuts from Krispy Kreme. I resisted them as long as I could.
11. Watching squirrels and chipmunks prepping for winter.
12. Slow, quiet mornings.
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann