1. A cool front that brought a big dip in temperatures and a steady gentle rain. I have the window open as I type and the sounds of the rain, a gentle breeze, a singing mockingbird, and fussing blue jays are good for me.
2. A friend who can laugh at my weirdness and keep up with my ping-ponging thoughts.
3. Deep belly laughs.
4. For three stinky dogs crowded around my feet. Baths for them have been futile as of late because they spend so much time in the lake.
5. Plants decorating the edge of the yard with their fall blooms.
6. Vintage Frye boots that I scored on Etsy and weather finally cool enough to wear them.
7. Letting myself be utterly lazy on Sunday - I went for a run in the morning and then spent the rest of the day alternating between cooking and reading. Such a nice break from grading papers.
8. A lavender essential oil candle.
9. That Britt's dog, Floppy Ears, is doing okay. They had a scare this week with her when she returned from going outside and had a deep gash in her chest. My sister rushed her to the vet and they had to stitch her up, but she's going to be okay.
10. Homemade tomato soup.
11. Misty sunrises.
12. When my students get excited about what we are doing in class. Such a great feeling.
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann