1. Grateful that a co-worker let me borrow Steal Like An Artist - very insightful and motivating.
2. Going to bed early.
3. A handmade, one of a kind coffee mug crafted by a local potter.
4. Evenings that are cooling off enough to open up the windows and let the fresh air roll in.
5. Getting to run trails with my dear friend.
6. Pushing through hesitation to open up and be vulnerable even when I don't want to.
7. Moseying around the neighborhood with Middy after supper. However, Simon has taken up following us down the street, meowing forlornly and loudly until I go back and pick him up. So most of our moseying has been limited to up and down our street.
8. Listening to Ray LaMontagne while I fold laundry. Specifically "Winter Birds." He captures the essence of a season so beautifully.
9. Happening upon the most beautiful blue heron feather when I was out running one evening.
And a little note: I am a little frustrated by the lack of photos as of late. It almost seems as if my time isn't mine right now. Didn't have a chance to get out and shoot much this week and that always leaves me feeling itchy and restless. I hope to get out more this week. Creating and shooting keeps me happy so I am going to make it a priority.
Can you spot the bald eagle in the photos above and below? Chris and I went to the lake Saturday evening to fish and saw this big beauty across the lake. This was the closest shot I could get of it when it flew up and eyeballed us from a tree. I feel incredibly fortunate to have seen it.
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann