1. Going to the lake and mountains this weekend for a quick little road trip. This whole area is amazing. We went up to Lake Jocassee, a place that National Geographic named in its list of "50 of the World's Last Great Places." It was cool and rain and fog moved in just as we arrived at an overlook. And it was just gorgeous. I was super-irritated with myself though because even though I brought my camera, I forgot the SD card at home and couldn't take any pictures with anything other than my phone. As you can see below.
2. Seeing an entire field full of wild turkeys on my way home from work one evening and then again the next morning. Some of the gobblers were in full strut.
3. Mornings that feel a little less like summer and a little more like fall. I'm ready.
4. Muddy running shoes.
5. A good night's sleep.
6. Being chosen as a finalist for Design Sponge's essay contest. So honored.
7. My sister's texts containing weird things she never thought she'd say until she had children. HILARIOUS. This one just came through: "Stop licking the lawnmower."
8. Oven-fired pizza on nights I just don't want to cook.
9. That the madness of the first few weeks of school is beginning to settle down. I feel slightly less crazy.
10. The unyielding support of some really amazing people. Can't thank them enough.
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann