1. Krispy Kreme doughnuts.
2. The swallows that dip and dive overhead each evening. They make me feel nostalgic.
3. Walking into an air conditioned house after being outside in 87 degree weather.
4. Watching The Secret Life of Walter Mitty again. I love that movie.
5. Hiking up a mountain in very foggy conditions (it was wildly beautiful) and then getting to the top and having the clouds lift after about 20 minutes revealing an incredible view.
6. I'm not much for fast food, but after our almost-10 mile strenuous hike on Saturday, we stopped at Wendy's and I tried their vanilla Frosty. Holy smokes, yes.
7. The sun waking me up instead of my alarm.
(See the lightning bug in the very center in the photo above? That's the best I could get. Lightning bugs are harder to shoot than you might think.)
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann