1. Steam billowing off of hot pavement after a sudden and glorious afternoon thunderstorm.
2. The way the trees curve overhead and create the most beautiful canopy over the road I take home.
3. The way the light streams through the pine trees in the early morning.
4. An early morning walk with Middy and coming around a corner just in time to see the sun rise.
5. Sore but happy muscles after a good workout.
6. Weekday lunches with Chris.
7. The way cooler air coming off the lake at sunset wraps around my legs as we stand on the dock.
8. Walking into an air-conditioned house on a 100 degree day.
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann