1. Freshly brewed oolong tea poured over muddled mint and ice.
2. Sleeping in our own bed again.
3. The rhythmic sound of chopping up zucchinis while prepping supper.
4. The flop and roll Bishop does on top of his toys when he is happy. Which is often.
5. Seeing a white egret skim its way over the lake as the sun was going down.
7. Flip flops that don't betray tender feet.
8. Citronella candles to keep bugs at bay.
And because Chris was sitting here in the same room as I typed this, I must add: "Toilets. We just don't think about how much toilets mean to us. How much better they make our lives."
There you go. (p.s. I just got the nod of approval and this: "That's spiffy. That's wizz-dom." Har de har har.)
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann