1. The sound of water lapping on the shore.
2. Early morning quiet, a cup of good coffee, and scones at the lake.
3. Getting into our new rental house.
4. The love, goodness, and patience of our pets.
5. The amazing way things tend to work out when I stop fretting and let go of worry.
6. Finding my favorite brand of frozen pizza at the local grocery store. Until now, I hadn't been able to find since we left Arizona.
7. The simple pleasure of sitting down and getting to share a meal with Chris again.
8. The combined power of canned pumpkin and Pedialyte for Iris' nervous belly as we face a lot of new things. She has been a trooper, but change is really difficult for her. Giving everybody in The Circus a lot of extra love and reassurance as we settle in.
9. The welcome of lightning bugs and whippoorwills as we walk into our new home. Reassuring and beautiful.
10. Getting my South Carolina teaching license without issue. What a relief.
11. Towering pine trees.
12. A day of steady rain.
And once again, please note that all photos below are taken with my phone. Which drives me all sorts of crazy. But that is what it will be until I get my computer.
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann