1. Ozark rivers and springs that are the clearest I've ever seen. And some of the most beautiful.
2. For a local vet who returns my panicked phone call at 10:20 p.m. because Bishop decided to play with toad and then had a terrible reaction. Fortunately, he is fine. Sometimes I swear that this circus of ours will be the death of me.
3. Cloud cover during a rather warm run.
4. For what is becoming an annual tradition with my Granny & PaPa - driving to a little town with a gas station restaurant to eat some of the best greasy cheeseburgers and fries and then a slice of pie, and then stopping at Hodgson Mill to walk around, look for watercress, walk down the shady path, and just mosey about.
5. For Logan's declarations that we (me, his mamma and daddy, BubBub, & all the dogs) are all his best friends.
6. The boys' first swim of the summer.
7. Summer ball games and sitting back in lawn chairs watching kids learn way more than just a sport.
8. A beautiful, ripe full moon.
9. Morning walks.
10. Time with those I love.
11. Throwing the ball in the pond for Iris and Bishop.
12. Kneading pizza dough to the sounds of the boys laughing and the music of Jack Johnson.
13. The smell of freshly cut hay.
14. A good and lengthy phone call with a dear friend that reminds me how beautifully the Universe has things handled.
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann