1. This video about a rescued Great Dane puppy with health issues. Gah. Be prepared to get teary.
2. Hagan's crazy nap hair.
3. Spending a warm evening lying on a blanket in the grass, reading a book, while Logan played in the sandpile nearby.
4. Meeting and connecting with new kindred souls.
5. Wildflowers in Mason jars.
6. A handful of daisies that Logan picked for me.
7. Scones baking in the oven.
8. A tree frog that has chosen to live on the bench by the rose bush and getting to see him/her every day.
9. Hagan's little fingers feeding me blueberries.
10. Holding a tiny killdeer in my hands (see photos below), an almost weightless thing - and sharing the wonder of seeing it with PaPa.
11. Doing what I can today and letting the rest go.
12. Unexpected and amazing opportunities. I am at peace about it, I am excited about it, and I think we are headed in the right direction.
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann