A weekly series of things that remind me to be grateful and find beauty and the good in the everyday.
1. Gentle Spring rains.
2. A world of green.
3. The appearance of lightning bugs.
4. This tea when I feel a cold coming on.
5. Going to yoga classes at the local yoga studio. It is so nice to be in a live class again and not just practicing with videos.
6. Reading a good book out on the porch swing.
7. Hannah reading me snippets of the new book she got for her birthday and cracking me up. (Kayce - you are the best!)
8. A surprise package in the mail with the most generous and thoughtful gift - a beautiful journal. (Again, thank you, Kayce!)
9. The honeysuckle has started to bloom.
The above photo has a fawn in it. You can barely make out a brown spot just left of the center - that's where it laid down and hid. We were on our way to breakfast one Sunday morning and saw the fawn crossing the dirt road in front of us with its mamma. So amazing to see. I would have had to cross a barbed wire fence to get closer and I didn't want to upset it or its mamma anymore than I already had.
In the photo above, Hannah was telling me to stop taking pictures of Josh like that because he had a plumber's crack going. And I was cracking up and told her that I was just documenting real life, but that I would put a black bar over his partially exposed behind to make the photo decent for the good, genteel public. So there you go. You're welcome.
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann