A weekly series of things that remind me to be grateful and find beauty and the good in the everyday.
1. Extremely grateful that Hagan's surgery to have tubes put in his ears went well.
2. For this article.
3. Hannah's honest feedback about recipes I try.
4. Morning dew saturating the hem of my pants as I walk through the yard.
5. Found turkey feathers.
6. Blackberry blossoms scenting the air with their perfume as I go for a run.
7. Slow, unhurried walks with Middy. And her always calm demeanor.
8. Cooking a nourishing meal in the kitchen on a day when everything else felt off. It gives me back my rhythm, helps me find joy in the simplicity of doing, and reminds me to choose food that sustains me when I am feeling stressed.
9. Dancing in the kitchen with Logan to this song (and its admittedly very weird music video).
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann