A weekly series of things that remind me to be grateful and find beauty and the good in the everyday.
1. When a song you haven't heard in awhile comes on the radio and makes your breath catch because it takes you back to a certain moment, a particular slant of light, fills your chest with hope, and makes you remember the good on promises made and delivered.
2. The smell of the Earth underfoot as She moves and leans towards the sun...the smell of growing things and new beginnings.
3. The kindness of others is astounding. I am enormously blessed by the generosity of so many.
4. Knowing what true connection with others looks like and feels like.
5. Time to sit with a cup of coffee on the bench by my window, soaking up warm sunshine, and poring over the beautiful layout of a new Anthropologie magazine.
6. That there are so many things bigger than me. That I am cared for and loved and guided if I am willing.
7. Time well spent with my neighbor on Sunday. She invited me over to her house to see her two leggy new colts, just a few weeks old. Such stunningly beautiful creatures. We stood in the field with her horses and talked for hours, her sweet dogs leaning on my legs, my hands stroking one of the most beautiful and gentle mares I've ever been around, and I smelled of horses when I came home. I felt full and deeply satisfied when I went to bed that night and I am realizing more and more that the best thing I can do is leave my phone at home, go outside, be surrounded by animals, and have deep and meaningful conversations with those around me.
8. Gentle people.
9. Coming across this: "Attract what you expect. Reflect what you desire. Become what you respect. Mirror what you admire." - Tiny Devotions
10. Temperatures that finally allowed us to take the winterizing plastic off the windows in the house. I feel like I can breathe again.
11. A new pair of running socks given to me by my friend Emily. They are the best running socks I've ever had on my feet.
12. An early morning run that was mild in temperatures, with birds singing happily, geese flying North in massive droves, and a drowsy sun that emerged from behind the clouds. It very much felt like Spring and it was nourishing in more ways than one.
13. I found a wristwatch this morning that I thought I had lost for good.
14. Not having to get up at 3:45 a.m. anymore for work.
Don't worry - this looks far more serious than it actually was. This yearling and the dog have a relationship that cracked me up. They spent the whole time sassing each other and playing. It was extremely entertaining and interesting to watch them interact.
This sweet girl is about two weeks from her due date. Can you tell she's more than ready?
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann