A weekly series of things that remind me to be grateful and find beauty in the everyday.
1. The gift of rest when it's necessary.
2. Rehydrating with coconut water.
3. For truly talented musicians. For well-played guitars, banjos, fiddles. For beautifully written lyrics that move me. Grateful to this blog for sharing the greatness of Holly Williams. Listen to her album The Highway on Spotify.
4. Grateful for new opportunities.
5. A messy kitchen because it means a good meal was cooked.
6. This yoga sequence. I know I've shared it before, but it is my go-to when things feel kind of overwhelming (like trying to find a house to live in halfway across the country) and the gentleness of it helps keep my heart open and my mind calm. Love it.
7. Getting to watch the mourning dove parents that nested in our pine tree teach their little ones. Truly an amazing thing to watch every day.
8. For the adventure that awaits us.
Taking pictures of lightning is hard for me. I still can't quite get the settings right. Mostly because I spend the majority of my time thinking about how it's a foolhardy way to be out taking pictures. Thus, these two were the only halfway decent shots I got. You can just barely see lightning in the above photo in the top right-hand corner.
This particular storm didn't bring a lot of rain - mostly thunder, lightning, and wind. Half of the tree in the above photo came crashing down in our yard shortly after I took the picture, but fortunately not on our house or the neighbor's.
Happy Thursday, my friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann