A weekly series of things that remind me to be grateful and find beauty and the good in the everyday.
1. IT'S LOGAN'S 3RD BIRTHDAY!!! Happy Birthday, sweet boy! We got to Skype earlier today and in the picture below, he is showing me how old he is. And looking super-rad on his awesome new bicycle. (He's pretty dang excited about it and was triumphantly riding around to show me his new wheels.) And Hagan's first birthday is tomorrow. Those boys. I love them to the moon and back.
2. This article. And her photography. Oh, sweet baby Moses. Beautiful.
3. Getting to run outside for the second time. In New York. Along the roads near our house. And taking all three dogs with me. Because the roads are finally, finally clear of snow and ice.
4. Hearing the first mourning dove while out on above said run. Made my heart swell up because they remind me so of home.
5. For good and helpful neighbors.
6. So grateful for an amazing network of people who love, support, and encourage me while I make some big decisions.
7. This lady right over here. Oh, my goodness - I have rarely hit it off so wonderfully with a person I just met, but from the get-go, she was my girl! Awesome Miss Melodie was kind enough to share her amazing abilities and helped me shoot Rach & Katelin's wedding a few weekends ago. I can't sing her praises enough. Be sure to check out her work!
8. Hannaford's salad bar.
9. Listerine's ability to obliterate garlic breath after I consume copious amounts of tzatziki.
10. White sage herbal water spray that makes my house smell fresh and good.
11. Laughing hysterically while watching the new show, The Last Man on Earth with Chris. It is awesome. So much so that we've been walking around repeating lines from the show.
12. Walking into the bedroom just in time to notice that a group of crows were stirred up and cawing excitedly and then seeing a gray fox trotting along the edge of our yard. Such a beautiful thing.
13. Johnny Cash.
14. And, oh oh oh oh - am I excited about this. Okay - beyond excited. I have kept a lid on it because it almost seemed too-good-to-be-true and I was afraid that sharing it prematurely would make it disappear into thin air BUT - I received an email preview and now it feels solid. And real: I have some work being published in Artful Blogging's Summer 2015 magazine! WHAT THE WHAT THE WHAT. I am so honored and so very excited. It is only available for pre-order right now, but will be available on May 1. Which also happens to be my birthday. True story. There's a little screenshot below of the preview page.
15. And so, so, so grateful I got to be home to celebrate PaPa, Logan, and Hagan's birthdays.
Not going to lie - Hagan's face cracks me up in this one. Every time.
Happy Thursday, my friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann