A weekly series of things that remind me to be grateful and find beauty and the good in the everyday.
2. That my sweet little hyacinth is still going strong.
3. My favorite 91-year-old lady cracking me up every time I see her. This morning she told me with emphasis that her thermometer lied to her.
4. That my friend Marilyn seems bent on fattening me up because she brings me food on a daily basis and when I protest that third piece of cake she says things like, "Eh, you're young. Go run it off."
5. The smell (and taste) of jasmine green tea.
6. Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme. It's the only thing saving my hands right now.
7. The way wood smoke curls lazily out the chimney.
8. A 30 degree day reprieve last Sunday that got us out the door for more than 20 minutes. It was bliss.
p.s. I am a little (okay, a lot) cranky today because I feel restless and in a rut. Not going to lie - I am pretty tired of winter and being cooped up inside. When I looked at what photos I had taken for this week, I felt like they all looked the same...that all my photos for the past few months are of dogs, snow, and more snow. With little variation. And I haven't been out to shoot as much over the last few weeks because it has been bitterly cold (this February is breaking a 1934 record for the coldest ever). But then I realized that when I'm feeling that way, it's my job to look for a different story each time I go out to shoot. To feel and interpret and honor that story for that day at that moment. That I'm documenting this part of my life. That this is what it looks like right now. So that's what I am going to try to do the next time I carry my camera out with the intention to shoot. To look and listen for the story and tell it as best I can. I think that's pretty applicable to a lot of things in my life right now.
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann