A weekly series of things that remind me to be grateful and find beauty and the good in the everyday.
1. Signs from the Universe that say, "Don't worry, I've got your back." Because to be quite honest, things have been a little discouraging lately, and it's deeply reassuring when I can look around me and see that things will work out as they need to.
2. That Chris was willing to drive me around in the fog and snow just so I could take pictures.
3. The smell of hyacinths and the way they reassure me that Spring will eventually be here.
4. People who have the ability to make me belly-laugh.
5. My regulars at work.
6. The best support network a girl could have.
7. Books that find their way into my hands at the most Divine moments. Currently reading Daring Greatly by Brene Brown and it is blowing my mind and the timing was no coincidence. It's taking me ever-deeper on this journey of Soul Work.
8. A beautiful, beautiful sunset yesterday.
9. The antics of fat-cat Cholla.
10. Thick thermal shirts.
11. The unbelievably good smell of this non-toxic, good for you, good for the Earth wood cleaner. Sweet Moses, it smells so good that I actually don't mind cleaning!
12. For finally figuring out how to add a scroll-to-top button on the blog. It took me ages to figure it out and I was fortunate enough to stumble upon an awesome freebie from this gal to make it happen. Now you don't have to scroll for days on end to get back to the top. Huzzah!
13. An article in Runner's World magazine that reminded me that I don't HAVE to go run...I GET to go run. It's magic what that does for your thinking.
And as promised in last week's Thankful Thursday post, here's a photo of the beautifully handmade scarf and beanie that my sweet friend Katy made me. Aren't they beautiful?? Katy, you have no idea how many compliments I've received about these when I wear them. And they are so cozy! Perfect for a brutal Northeastern Winter. Thank you again, dear soul!
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann