A weekly series of things that remind me to be grateful and find beauty and the good in the everyday.
1. Honoring my body and allowing it to rest and heal by taking a few sick days. Just a few years ago, I would have forced myself to push through it and only delayed getting better. I am grateful for days of rest, self-care, holistic therapies, and echinacea tea.
2. Watching my favorite, O, Brother, Where Art Thou? for the millionth time.
3. The big ol' red-headed woodpecker I've been hearing and seeing around the house for the last few days.
5. The blue-grey tinge of the heavy clouds moving in from the south. Probably the ones that are supposed to bring snow tonight.
6. That Iris always takes the edge of my quilt to sleep on when I'm typing/writing/reading.
7. The gift of staying in the present.
8. A cleaned-up kitchen counter.
Happy Thursday, my friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann