A weekly series of things that remind me to be grateful and find beauty and the good in the everyday.
1. Warm, nourishing bowls of hearty soup.
2. The wisdom of loved ones.
3. The 85-year-old gentleman that comes in every other day at work and when remarking on the recent snow we had, he told me that he got out and about the next day because he "liked to live fast and dangerously." And then he winked at me.
4. Clear days full of warm, warm, warm sunshine.
5. Fresh grapefruit.
6. Hearing the brave songs of little birds despite the chilly temperatures.
7. That Bishop is a pup who likes to lean on you. His head is in my lap and he is leaning on my leg as I type this.
8. Warm blueberry muffins.
9. The beautiful little bird's nest I found when out walking a few days ago.
10. Eating a Five Guys burger and fries with Chris and watching reruns of Seinfeld.
11. I keep saying this, but - Anne Lamott, Anne Lamott, Anne Lamott. I am so thankful for her grit, gratitude, honesty, way with words, and sense of humor.
12. A phone call with my Dad that had us both cracking up.
Happy Thursday, my friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann