A weekly series of things that remind me to be grateful and find beauty and the good in the everyday.
1. My favorite unpaid editor in the whole wide world. Looking at you, Hannah Banana. Thank you. I owe you some serious scones.
2. That our pipes didn't burst after all. [INSERT BIG SIGH OF RELIEF.] Thank you, Universe.
3. Firewood, firewood, firewood. These -12 degree nights are sort of rough.
4. A husband who makes a "cozy" bed for the cats out of a leftover moving box and old blankets.
5. Support. In a myriad of ways.
6. Songs that take me right back to an extremely important moment and a very good reminder.
8. Trucks that start on ridiculously cold mornings and have four-wheel drive.
9. Wagging dog tails.
10. Soaking in warm sunshine as I sit on the bench by the kitchen window.
11. Juvenile things that make me laugh out loud.
12. The intricate pattern of frost on my windowpanes.
13. Tracks of wild creatures in the snow.
14. The way my fingers warm when wrapped around a steaming mug of jasmine green tea.
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann