A weekly series of things that remind me to be grateful and find beauty and the good in the everyday.
1. For the incredible kindness of others. Backstory: Our well quit working Sunday evening and we haven't had water since. We were also slammed by a winter storm on Tuesday that buried us in almost two feet of snow, closed roads, and caused the loss of electricity all day yesterday. BUT, in that timespan, my boss and coworkers have generously covered two of my shifts, our long driveway was plowed, one of my favorite coworkers told me to bring in a load of our laundry and she would wash and dry it for me (and word for word she said, "Don't worry. I won't even look at your underwear." Ha! Oh, she's a sassy little gem.), and after asking why I wasn't at work yesterday and my brief description of our situation, an incredibly kind acquaintance called me personally and offered to let us stay in her home for as long as we needed. Another dear soul offered her support all the way from Connecticut.
How blessed am I? VERY. The goodness of others is sometimes staggering.
2. So grateful for a wood stove that kept the house warm despite no electricity.
3. Propane kitchen appliances so I could still cook.
4. Listening to the "A Classic Christmas" station on Spotify.
5. Weighty, heavy snowflakes filling the air - it may have been one heck of a winter storm, but it has been stunningly beautiful.
6. Rose Tinted lip balm from Burt's Bees.
7. Stove-top cinnamon potpourri.
8. The happy tired feeling after wading through deep snow that wore out both me and the pups.
9. Two vehicles that can get us out and about in all the snow.
10. A quiet day with no television and time to sit and read, talk with my husband, and trek around outside.
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann