A weekly series of things that remind me to be grateful and find beauty in the everyday.
1. For dance parties in the kitchen with my sisters and my nephews, singing and dancing to Taylor Swift and The Contours and Queen.
2. For coconut water easing a finicky belly.
3. Safe travels and for a family willing to let me borrow their vehicles and give their time to get me back and forth.
4. For Autumn days outside and the joy of playing in leaf piles.
5. Golden Autumn light.
6. Old college sweatpants.
7. For suppers cooked by my husband and sitting at the kitchen table talking about ridiculous things.
8. Life-changing books.
9. Time well-spent with dear friends I haven't seen since college and the joy of documenting part of their story.
11. An airline attendant with a kind and gentle demeanor.
He was "fishing" in the pond with a stick he found. After a few minutes of no success he stood up and announced, "Aw, shucks!" This kid. He kills me.
Gah, those chubby fingers. Those rolls. A big chunk of love is what this child is. Those two boys will be the death of me.
Happy Thursday, my friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann