A weekly series of things that remind me to be grateful and find beauty in the everyday.
1. A rainy, cool Saturday that was full of simple good things like running to Tractor Supply, grabbing groceries at the store, driving down dirt roads dripping with raindrops and wet leaves, and a chill that required a fire in the fireplace.
2. Finishing this book. Oh, my goodness, yes. If you haven't read it, do so as soon as possible. I could not put it down.
3. The smell of wet, damp leaves on my walk with the dogs.
4. "The Outsider" by the Ben Miller Band. Yes. And "Half Crazy" by The Barr Brothers. Mmmhmm.
5. Another lunar eclipse and a heavy, beautiful moon.
6. Cups of hot pumpkin chai tea.
7. Even though I grouse about it, I am grateful that I have glasses and contacts so I can clearly see the world around me.
8. The way Middy holds her ears when we go for a walk - alert and quizzical, like she doesn't want to miss anything good.
9. Coming over the top of a hill during my evening walk to see the full moon in all its glory. I kid you not when I say it literally took my breath away.
10. THE CARDINALS BEAT THE DODGERS. YES.
11. Watching deer in the field during the quiet of evening.
The barn on our property.
The morning sun through the trees at the edge of our yard.
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann