A weekly series of images I shoot to reflect what I am grateful for. And a list. Yep.
1. Cold watermelon on a 100 degree day. (No, I'm not making that up. It was 100 degrees on Sunday. Yeesh.)
2. For a birthday card that read: "Against all odds you managed to survive one more year...Congratulations! I will now give you some stuff." And it was signed, "Ron Swanson." I will let you guess who gave me that one.
3. For being fortunate to be a woman living in this country, in this century, and having the right to an education - this story (read more here) hit me hard and has been on my mind all week. In response, Maya Angelou said it so well: "Each one of these girls is our daughter, our sister, our niece, our aunt and our mother. The future of Nigeria and Africa and New York and Europe and the United States etcetera, etcetera, is threatened by the robbing of these young women’s future. We must have our darlings back so that we can help them to heal from this horror."
4. For friends that remind me that is not only good, but necessary, to recognize what I need in a particular moment and to honor that.
5. For going to bed early.
6. For freshly sharpened pencils.
7. New St. Louis Cardinals baseball caps.
8. For gestures of thoughtfulness.
9. For quiet evenings and desert sunsets.
For this guy. He's my favorite.
Happy Thursday, my friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann