1. Slow Sunday mornings over coffee, talking with my husband, while the cats run amok around our feet.
2. Early morning light pouring through my kitchen window.
3. Taking a new class.
4. Roasting hotdogs and s'mores in the backyard.
5. St. Louis Cardinals baseball.
6. Glasses of iced green tea.
7. Broken-in tee shirts and flip flops.
8. Starting a new project with a talented friend.
9. Spring and its plethora of blooming flowers.
10. For this lady - it's my Granny's birthday. She is an incredible, spirited, funny woman. She is kind, staunchly fights for the underdog, and just a little bit stubborn. This woman brings me a tremendous amount of joy and one of my favorite things to do is sit on the porch swing with her, gently pushing back and forth and talking things over. To this day, she holds my hand when we sit on that porch swing and when we go for walks. And it means the world to me.
Thank you, Granny, for always being there. For loving me through my own stubbornness, for sharing the countless meals, for your support, for your laughter, for putting things into perspective. Thank you for your love. Happy Birthday!
And for these two goobers. Simon is only pretending to be annoyed. He secretly adores Cholla.
And for this picture sent to me by my sister. Nevermind the I-just-got-done-running-and-haven't-showered-yet mess of a look...when one of your beloved nephews wants to color in the floor, then by God, you do it. And love every minute of it.
Blessings, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann