A weekly series of things that remind me to be grateful and find beauty in the everyday.
1. For a beautiful day on a spring-fed river with my Granny and PaPa and catching my first trout.
2. For soft grass between bare toes.
3. For softball and baseball games and two kids that served up good reminders of what's important - they were so happy to be out playing that they took their team losses with far more aplomb than most adults in similar situations.
4. Celebrating 4 birthdays at once and eating way too much food.
5. A little wee bottle calf named Clementine.
6. For drives down country roads with the windows down to just go and "see what we can see."
7. Little Duck yelling, "Done!" with supper and then promptly climbing up into my lap to eat everything on my plate.
8. 70-something degree days on the second day of July. The absolute best.
9. Blackberry picking down old dirt roads.
10. Lightning bugs in Mason jars. (Don't worry - we let them go.)
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann