A weekly series of images I shoot to reflect what I am grateful for. And a list.
1. Little Papoose is going to be here next week!!! And I will get to spend two glorious weeks at home with my family and snuggling Little Duck and the newest little babe. Oh, my heart. We will be celebrating several things - my PaPa's birthday on the 15th, Little Duck's birthday on the 19th, and the arrival of Little Papoose on the 20th. Life is good and I am blessed.
2. The smell of dirt and of creosote.
3. Impromptu four-wheel drives through the desert at night.
4. "Camping out" in the backyard.
5. The sounds of waves lapping the shore.
6. For thoughtful and sweet cards that made their way to me from Texas.
7. Finishing The Invention of Wings and once again being blown away by Sue Monk Kidd's talent, and two new books that I can't wait to read. I think that this one is going to change my life. I'm not even kidding a little bit.
8. Fish tacos.
My new-to-me beast of a Chevy truck that my husband rebuilt. This shot was taken under the light of the moon after climbing a monstrous hill out in the desert. As we say back home, we had us a time.
And the pups. Always.
I took the above photo with my phone just so you can see what Bishop does on homemade microwave popcorn nights. He rests his head on my leg in hopes that a stray kernel of popped popcorn might find its way to the floor. Which regularly happens because I AM NOT A REAL ADULT and can't feed myself without dropping food everywhere.
The joy of a new toy. These two crack me up.
Middy doesn't care about new toys. She just wants to know when we're all going inside to eat.
Blessings to you, my friends. I don't say it enough, but I am grateful for your encouragement, love, and support.
Here's to looking for the good -
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann