A weekly series of images I shoot to reflect what I am grateful for.
And a list. Because the list is just necessary at this point. It's kind of on the long side of long this week.
1. RAIN. And the sound of rumbling thunder. In the desert. Sweet, sweet, beautiful, wonderful rainstorms. And the way it smells. Ahhhhh.
2. Delivery pizza on Friday night and hanging out with my husband and our circus.
3. For a card in the mail from my Mom and Dad that was extremely touching.
4. Messages from both of my sisters - one that helped me get my head on straight and the other that made me snort with laughter.
5. For upcoming collaborations with women I deeply admire. So humbled, so grateful, and so excited.
6. For letting go and letting my Higher Power.
7. Blooming flowers.
8. For this article.
9. For people willing to share the good in a way that will benefit others. (I am definitely going to be doing this! If you decide to as well, let me know.)
10. For the word colloquialism.
11. Hats. Big, floppy hats. And my trusty St. Louis Cardinals hat. My life would be much easier if I could wear hats every day.
12. Good friends that love me even when I get my ire up and remind me that, "Well-behaved women seldom make history." (quote source: Laurel Thatcher Ulrich)
13. So, so, so grateful that Little Papoose - whose arrival we are all anxious for - will stay put for awhile longer and that late night runs to the hospital turn out just fine.
14. For my husband's brilliant cooking abilities.
15. Dierks Bentley's new album, Riser. Yes.
Jasmine blossoms. I bought the plants from my local grocery store and my house now smells amazing.
I tell you, I get no respect. These two, just tromping all over my stuff. Knocking things off of my desk, hither and yawn. By the way - the kitten officially has a name. Even though she's not ours. So says my husband. You know, the man who keeps bringing her inside? Yeah. Anyway, her name is Cholla (pronounced Choy-a). Why? Because she grabs on with her little hooks and doesn't let go. Just like a cholla cactus.
Happy Thursday to you, my friends.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann