A weekly series of photos I shoot to reflect what I am grateful for.
And a list to boot.
1. Cooking in the kitchen in bare feet singing along to Jack Johnson, The Lumineers, The Black Keys, and whatever else Pandora decides to play for me.
2. For a friend that introduced me to The Vitamin String Quartet - say what?! A classical version of AC/DC's "Thunderstruck"?! You've got to be kidding me. So fun.
3. For a husband that cooks the best-tasting pan-fried tilapia ever.
4. For a friend that makes running 7 miles in the desert far less painful...especially when she has a spastic moment when encountering a cloud of bugs.
5. The unbelievably heady smell of orange groves and citrus blossoms.
6. I am so grateful Zyrtec exists. Otherwise, I think I would be dead. You think I'm joking...but, I'm not. My body is convinced that all the pollen in the whole wide world is attacking me and has thus gone into paranoid rampage mode and I'm all like, Hey, calm yourself over there. But it just won't listen.
A certain someone keeps letting a certain kitten into the house. Her favorite things? Provoking Simon (he pretends he is greatly annoyed, but we all know he adores it) and hiding under the bed so that every time I walk by or am doing laundry, I get attacked. Rotten sweet thing.
Vibrant little hummingbirds conversing with me on my walk.
The smell of these orange groves is unlike anything I've ever experienced. And the buds are about to blossom. I think I'm going to plant a citrus tree just so I can have that smell.
Even the bugs know to dance when twilight comes.
Happy Thursday, my friends. I hope your day is blessed.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann