1. A good soaking rain that lasted several hours and ended with a double rainbow.
2. Watching Bishop and Cholla's antics when they play together. Bishop always tries to put Cholla's head in his mouth so we always have to intervene. Every. single. time.
3. Getting to Skype with Hannah so I could watch the boys play with their new puppy, Macy. ADORABLE. It's also adorable because Logan says her name over and over in this ridiculously sweet high-pitched voice.
4. Walking barefoot in dew-wet grass.
5. The heavenly smell of honeysuckle. Have I mentioned that lately?
6. Thoughtful and generous emails in my inbox from former students and a co-worker. Dearest lovelies, I did get your messages and I will reply soon. Thank you for your kind words.
7. A handful of flowers that my student picked during a routine fire drill.
8. Iced coffee. It's that time of year. Because it's early summer around here.
There was this one time (Saturday) when Chris decided to give Iris a haircut. The long hair around her ears tends to get tangled easily and his remedy was to hack and chop away.
She looks pitiful.
But, she doesn't know that. So it's okay. And we love her anyway.
I don't think he'll be booking any grooming services for anyone anytime soon.
Happy Thursday, my friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann