1. Early mornings sitting at our picnic table in the backyard watching the sun rise, drinking coffee, birds calling and flying to and fro overhead, the dogs roaming the yard while they take in all the scents left in the night, and the cats stretching languorously.
2. Time for solitude, morning yoga, journaling, and meditation.
3. Sore muscle spray for an achy back.
4. Clearance priced camping mats to sleep on (instead of the floor like we had been doing) while we wait for our things to arrive.
5. Exploring our new town and state.
6. The wonder and beauty of a grey fox who crossed my path one evening at dusk as I drove home from the lake.
7. Thunderheads outlined in sunset colors.
8. A farm stand just a few miles down the road that is open six days a week and has produce directly from their farm.
9. Big, fat meaty heirloom tomatoes and cherry tomatoes fresh from the above mentioned farm stand. Such incredible flavor.
10. Georgia peaches. Oh, my sand hill - they are divine, I tell you. The best-flavor-juice-running-down-your-chin-and-arm kind of divine.
11. Grilled suppers.
12. The smell of fireworks.
13. I meant to add this to my list last week, but forgot - I am so grateful for and so happy about the Supreme Court's same-sex marriage ruling. Huzzah for progress! Love is love is love.
14. Evening walks around the neighborhood with the dogs.
And you know the drill by now. iPhone photos only for a bit longer. Hopefully not much longer. Because taking photos with my phone only makes me grit my teeth.
Happy Thursday, friends. Here's to looking for the good.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann