Today is my PaPa's birthday. If you've been following the blog for awhile, you already know that my grandparents are an extremely important part of my life and that I'm very close to them. They are some of my favorite people.
I am so blessed that PaPa was brought into this world on this day. And I am beyond blessed to have both Granny and PaPa in my life.
They have taught me so much, but one of the greatest lessons that I've learned from them is how to live well.
15 Lessons On How to Live a Good Life From My Granny & PaPa:
1. Appreciate each other.
2. Tell your loved ones that you love them.
3. Give each other a big, warm hug and a smooch on the cheek when you walk in the door and again when you leave. Do not undervalue the power of a hug to make someone feel loved.
4. Accept everyone as they are.
5. Eat meals together.
6. Be good to one another.
7. Give without expecting something in return.
8. Have a deep and reverent respect for Nature.
9. Be kind to animals.
10. Spend as much time outdoors as you can. Learn Nature's beautiful and often subtle messages.
11. Be active.
12. Write letters.
13. Pay attention to your loved ones.
14. Have a grateful heart.
15. Have faith.
Happy Birthday, PaPa! You are such a gift to me and words cannot convey how much I love you. Thank you for your love, your support, and your lessons. Thank you for taking me fishing, for hiking with me through the woods, for sitting and listening for the gobble of a wild turkey, for early morning truck rides to Agene's, for teaching me the names of trees and of songbirds, for your stories. For hands that were always gentle and ever-teaching, for homemade soup with ketchup, for sassafras sticks, for pocket knives, for always being there. I am so grateful you are my PaPa.
Much love, my friends -
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann