Jasmine is a joy-bringer. Yes, a joy-bringer. This girl. Oh, she's a peach. She's full of life and light and goodness and has an awesome sense of humor. She's also wickedly talented - a musician and vocalist as well as an amazing writer.
Even though I'm watching her journey from afar now, I can honestly say I know that she will spread hope and goodness wherever she goes.
It has truly been a joy to know her and I am honored to have her share today.
Thank you, sweet darling!
Photos & Text by Jasmine
While I was blessed enough to be given such a fantastic, lovely, spontaneous life, I was lucky enough to be given the opportunity to share what I am most thankful for by my previous Writer’s Guild Sponsor, Ashley. There are many things that I am thankful for, pertaining to food, books, freshly cut flowers, nice blouses, etc. Although, those are only minute things that pertain to trying to live a full, joyful, and ultimately thankful life. These next few things are only a snippet of what I enjoy and what I am most thankful for, but these few things are what are most dear to my heart.
1. Time with my family is exceptionally important to me – blood-related, or simply those friends that are so lovely you can’t seem to love them as anything more than family. My family are the ones that keep me sane, the ones that keep me accountable to who I truly am, and who I want to become. My friends are the ones who I can be insane around, laugh until my belly starts to ache, eat until the wee hours of the morning, and simply love on until our hugs just can’t be tight enough.
2. My Creator blessed me with the most amazing life, the most amazing opportunities, and the most amazing humans to do life with. I could not imagine life any other way. While my life is driven by faith, I try to live my life by the Word of the Lord. In John 10:10 it reads, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it to the full.” This drives me to completely and utterly live my life for the Lord, and not to live my life waiting for Him to give me fancy clothes, fancy cars, or a grand piano, but to help people who are less fortunate than I, and to love everyone until they get tired of me smothering them with hugs, and truly help them understand how thankful I am for them.
3. Nature, even if I forget how amazing it is in the hustle-and-bustle of life, is important to me. I am so very thankful for hiking, as well as the nature that goes with it. We were all blessed enough to be given such beauty, and to be able to experience it while getting some sweat time in is such an amazing acquaintance with the outside world and the basis of reality. Simply being able to go out and enjoy the leaves crunching under my feet, as the wind gusting through my hair is so wonderful, and it makes happiness rush through my veins!
4. During the summers, a ministry named Next Step goes to various communities and works on rebuilding towns as the hands and feet of Christ. While not directly speaking of Christ to the homeowners, business owners, or community members, they show Christ’s love through what they do, as well as having worship every night for the students who come in and the church members. The past three years they have been at my church in Joplin to help with disaster relief from our May 2011 tornado. In numerous ways, they have easily helped our community grow, as well as made new friendships, as well as rekindled old ones. I am honored to say that I am thankful for them helping our community grow in Christ, as well as grow in size. They truly are one of the reasons I look forward to the summers and why I am so thankful for my church family, as well as ministry, because they have so many kind hearts and so many loving and hard-working livelihoods.
5. I am super thankful for my puppy Mitsy. We have had her for about a week now, and when Ashley asked if I would be able to write an installment of Thankful Thursday, I warned her that there would be a lot of photographs of my new puppy! Mitsy is the light of my life, now that my dog, who I had for 14 years passed away. She is such a joy, and she makes my heart melt when I go to leave the house and she lays on my feet trying to keep me from leaving. She is such a sweetheart, and she is such a little love-monkey!
6. Last, I am so thankful for children, especially my baby cousin. As an aspiring music teacher, to see her go into my room and head straight to the piano, look at me, and say, “I wanna play,” melts my heart! To have little Ripley come up to me with my red high heels on, and handing me my black ones telling me to put them on is truly a time where my smiles cannot get any bigger because she makes my heart explode with joy!
There are so many things in this little life that we are given to be thankful for, and these are just a few of mine! I hope you enjoy, and God bless each and every one of ya’ll!
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann