I realized the other day that The Circus hasn't had much of a presence on the blog as of late.
Poor, poor circus. They have a hard life.
Just look at the evidence:
It was mostly because I was back home for several weeks and their mugs didn't make it onto the camera quite as much.
But, now that I'm back - look out.
In the above left photo, everyone except for Cholla was in my very small office. Because, you know, there's nowhere else in the house they could possibly go.
Otherwise What's Going On Around Here:
1. Moving is happening! Woot, woot! We've started playing the "are we keeping that/are we getting rid of that" game, and I keep moving one pile of things from one side of a room to the other. Because that's productive.
2. We're living on a whole lot of faith that our housing situation works out in New York. A big, fat dose of faith.
3. I burned the beans I cooked on Monday. Because I was getting a blog post ready and forgot about them. Wah, wah, wah.
4. No one warned me that tarragon tastes like licorice. I did not see that coming at all. Lunch on Monday was a severe disappointment.
5. There aren't as many pictures of Cholla because he likes to hide out in his man cave under the bed. (My sister told me I hadn't properly introduced Cholla to everyone, so to learn more about his goofy self, click here.)
6. We sold my little red Chevy S10 this week - the one that I drove for 16 years. Sixteen years! It was bittersweet parting with it, but it was time.
7. And the last of what's been going on around here lately? I accidentally gave myself food poisoning last week and nearly sliced off the tip of my index finger while cutting up a lime for the Watermelon Coconut Water Refresher I posted awhile back. And we've been taking a lot of naps on the weekends. Because it's too hot for much else. And finally, we are buying a camper shell for our truck. Because we're cool like that.
Now you know.
Happy Saturday, friends!
I hope you enjoy a beautiful day.
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann