Today I am dreaming of warm sunshine and balmy breezes.
It's cold here. And we are buried under 2+ feet of snow. And it's still snowing.
Don't get me wrong - the snow is beautiful. Like, hushed reverence, stand-back-and-soak-it-in beautiful. But I am sort of tired of being cold.
Which brings me to these taquitos. They remind me of Arizona. They remind me of southwestern flavors. They remind me of warmer times. And since I can't hop on a plane and wing off to a warmer destination, these chicken taquitos will have to do the trick.
What's great about this meal is that the flavors are fantastic and it's a very simple and quick meal. I like any kind of food preparation that makes my life easier. Plus, my picky-eater Mister loved them so that makes this one a winner-winner.
Creamy Chicken Taquitos
*adapted from Seeded At the Table's recipe
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, salsa, lime juice, ground cumin, chili powder, onion powder, garlic, and cilantro. Add the chicken and cheese; mix thoroughly.
3. Working with a few tortillas at a time, spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture onto the lower third of a tortilla. Roll the tortilla as tightly as you can.
4. Place the rolled tortilla seam side down on the baking sheet. If your tortilla wants to fight you and try to come unrolled, dab a small amount of the chicken mixture on the edge of the tortilla to seal it. Repeat with remaining tortillas until the mixture is gone. Make sure the taquitos are not touching each other. Lightly coat each tortilla with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt.
5. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until crisp and golden. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Serve warm. Garnish with plain yogurt, avocados, guacamole, etc. Enjoy.
Happy Monday, friends!
Sites I Dig
The Road is Home
The Seed & Plate
Sharon Covert Photography
The Define School
The Noisy Plume
Sarah Gee Photography
Fox & Owl Studio
The Stork and The Beanstalk
Mellow Yellow Photography
A Simple Little Journal
What I've Been Reading
The Girls by Emma Cline
A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Never Broken by Jewel
Hold Still by Sally Mann